OPPOSITES ATTRACT # yes they do

 Disclaimer: I am participating in Blogging from A-Z challenge 2022 and this is my post for O # OPPOSITES ATTRACT 

I used to think it an Overrated Notion😏

Searching for like minded people with all devotion 😇😇

Solely for this I made friends who were like me 🤠🤠

Hanging around with them is what I used to be. 🙃🙃

Enjoying the same hobbies and subject matter 🙂🙂

It felt like birds of the same feather flocking together.🦜🦜 

I never realized so much I was missing 🙁

Acceptable and precise then it was all seeming 😏


At home,  two of my sisters were like me in many aspects. 🙂🙂

But with the third I was always at loggerheads 😠

She was totally my Nemesis 😤

My character's absolute ANTITHESIS😖

We absolutely never got along 😦😦

I always thought I was right and she was wrong 😏😏

She on her part also thought the same🙄🙄

Always arguing for reasons so lame😱😱

Now, when I look back I realize 🤫

She actually added spice to my life .🤩🤩🤗🤗

Very recently she called me ADOPTED 🤨🤨

With a daughter like her my parents must have really felt the need to do it 😆😆

As an adult #

I always felt Love ❤was not looking at each other,  but looking in the same direction 

In the latter case it would never reach its saturation 😍

I got married to the person thinking we had the same set of mind 🙂🙂

Only later I realized he was simply one of his kind 😬

So many years into our marriage 💑 even the remotest similarity I m yet to find 😱

I can now understand this is what destiny had designed 🙏

I remember our very first conversation 😑

After we returned from our marriage destination 💐💐

He had asked how I Iiked Cleanliness 😏

To which I had replied , it was next to Godliness😁


The next day 🌄 he gave me a Mop and a Pan 

Expecting by evening to see things absolutely Spic and Span 

He was obviously disappointed when he returned 😑

I said , I did like seeing neatness  but how it's to be done , I m not concerned. 😏😏

He was speechless 😬

seeing me hopeless 🥴


I realized he was immaculate and orderly 😍😍

And I was disorganized and messy 🙁🙁

He was patient and at times overbearing 🙄

I was always in a hurry to finish things 🤓🤓

I being impulsive, he was over cautious ⚠️ 

He was fond of eating out, and enjoying a hearty meal😋😋 

I would rather stay at home savoring my rice and lentil😋

He was happy working, and investing in money making schemes 💰 

I was forever lost in my regular work and day dreams 🎸 


I was always impressed🤠 but never truly inspired 🤓

I was happy 😊 with myself, and him I just admired 🧐


Still looking back at so many years, we did get along fine.🥳🥳

I've adopted his ways, and he has made peace with mine 😎😎


LESSON LEARNT # 

PERFECT IS NOT WHEN TWO PEOPLE ARE TOGETHER🌈🌈 

IT'S WHEN THEY ARE BOTH OPPOSITES, BUT IN THAT WAY THEY COMPLETE EACH OTHER💞

REPERCUSSIONS #

Thankfully I didn't get what I had wanted then🙂

Two people looking in the same direction 😐😐

Had I married someone just like me 🙄

One of us would've become unnecessary 😇






 



Comments

  1. That line where u wrote u r adopted coz of ur other sister ..lol😂😂 gave me laughs...u neatly put how opposite mind sets may attract but with ajdustments and compromises

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest rival, we are stuck in a loop - Can't live with them, can't live without them. If I add the much-needed spice to your life, you take away the spice from mine and fill it with green tea or daliya (porridge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 'opposites attract' is such a lovely concept. How else would we fall in love with love hate relationship based dramas!! Hahhaha, no but jokes apart - it's cute because there's so much more happening then. Be it any kind of relationship - siblings, spouses, friends - imagine the spice and variety and ideas coming in, even if it causes friction. Between people who care for each other, that is also ultimately a way of bringing people even closer! Stay blessed chotu (as your self-named nemesis calls you!)

    Here's my post for O:
    Oxford Dictionary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A friend in need is a friend indeed! 😇

R# RUN LOLA RUN

FACE THE MUSIC WITH ME