NO# The Subtle art of refusing


Disclaimer: I am participating in Blogging from A-Z challenge 2022 and this is my post for N # "NO" THE SUBTLE ART OF REFUSING

At times it gets really difficult to say No 🀐 

You may think why, really why is it so ?🀨

It's a small word, very easy to pronounce 🀨

The energy used while uttering will just be an ounce πŸ™ƒ

But it gets difficult at times when I want to show I care.😬

And to the person asking  , it shall not be  fair😐

One may think πŸ€” it might hurt her/ his feelings 

But the very idea of saying Yes, at times, is just NOT APPEALING. πŸ˜–

There can be situations like when u are questioned

How do you like the dress I have designed..?

The friend is close and u don't mean to hurt🀫

 it's ABSOLUTELY GREAT you assert πŸ™‚

TO WHICH SHE SAYS ITS ALL YOURS πŸ™„

A GIFT WHICH HAD BEEN PENDING FOR YEARS 😏

I Want to shout Nooooo😱

But how do I do soooo 😫

 SOME SITUATIONS CAN REALLY GET AWKWARD 

A neighbor got hooked onto singing 

Day in day out she kept recording 

These audios were sent to all the residents 

Sharing it on our Whatsapp group,  she didn't seem hesitant 

She just wanted to be admired πŸ₯°and applauded 

But every one seemed tired and irritated

I tried to oblige her by appreciating πŸ˜‡

To which she simply came over for an evening of LIVE SINGING πŸ™„

Even a NO wouldn't have helped me in that case πŸ™„

She was simply blind to the expressions on my faceπŸ˜’

 

It was Valentine's Day and a friend wanted me to become her savior 😏

She wanted me to babysit her two kids as a favor😐

I couldn't refuse although I had plans too πŸ™„

when she returned, she even forgot to say thank you πŸ˜‘

My whole house had simply turned into a mess

I had thrown the axe on my foot by saying a YESS


I don't know how to refuse if I don't want to do a certain thing πŸ€”

 Just trying to show,  I m so caring and loving πŸ™„

This is, I know absolute hypocrisy πŸ™„

Always trying to behave sweet and nicey πŸ˜‘


Why can't I call a spade, a spade πŸ™„πŸ˜’

Even if anyone persuades😏

It should still remain a spade 🀨

The No needs to be subtle and not blunt 😐

That's the art  which I haven't yet learntπŸ€”

REPERCUSSIONS # It's OK to be called selfish and thoughtless πŸ˜‘

If it eases your vexations but makes you friendless πŸ˜‘

LESSON LEARNT # Most of the times I've asked favors I've seldom received a yess πŸ™„

But, the No was so tactful that it sounded simply natural and effortless 😏


http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/





Comments

  1. You always make me smile. Saying no is very difficulty yes but finding a midline and excusing yourself can work. The dress and singing bits are hilarious πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I'm the worst at saying no and always end up with far more on my plate than I want as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written! The dress, the Valentine's Day, the singing... Such interesting kisse! Yes, I would love to read more posts like this 😊

    Dropping by from the A-Z challenge. momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not easy at all... i think this is the second post I am reading on the same
    topic today... its a universal issue !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent!! It has taken me many many years but i (think) can say no now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something I strongly relate to.. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to get easier to say no the more you do it. I think I'd have to say NO if someone wanted to come to my house and sing. That sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It indeed is hard to say no.Strangely, we can say ‘no’ to only those people who are very close to us and we know they won’t leave our side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A friend in need is a friend indeed! πŸ˜‡

DRIZZLE TO DOWN POUR

R# RUN LOLA RUN